Cereno Insights Series: PAH and CardioMEMS with Phil Adamson, Abbott17 May 2023
Philip B. Adamson, CMO, Heart Failure Division, Divisional Vice President at Abbott, USA speaks about the unique collaboration with Cereno Scientific using CardioMEMS in a Phase II study in the rare disease pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH). In particular, he speaks around the following questions:
- What do you perceive as the real unmet needs for PAH patients?
- What is the role of CardioMEMS in monitoring pulmonary arterial blood pressure?
- How did the pioneering technology behind CardioMEMS evolve?
- What is the primary use of CardioMEMS and how could it add value for patients with PAH?
- Abbott and Cereno Scientific are collaborating in the innovative phase II study of CS1 in patients with PAH. How did this collaboration come about?
- In terms of CardioMEMS what are your hopes for the phase II study of CS1 in patients with PAH?
- What are the key challenges for managing PAH patients over the next ten years?
English subtitles are available. (Recorded at the ESC Congress in August 2022)